Friday, March 8, 2013

So, a heck of a lot has happened over the past few months.. every thing from working every day for almost 2 months straight to losing my job, 4 months later. Needless to say, it's been one hell of an adventure. The good thing about all of this is that I am in a far better place emotionally, physically and mentally and I know that a difficult chapter is now behind me. Far, far, far behind me. I'll probably joke about how my migraines have magically disappeared and I laugh a lot more now, but for almost 3 years, I felt that horrible sense of dread each and every day. Now, its gone and while things might be rough here and there, I have a TON to look forward to.

Here's a little background about me, since I declare this my very first post as a "food blogger" and hopefully, a writer of the all things tasty:

My name is Angela and I'm in my late twenties. My dream life would consist of a owning and baking for a small, neighborhood bakery/coffeehouse, doing custom work on the side and living in an original Craftsman house. I will adjust my schedule for a Long Beach State basketball game and will be happy watching college basketball every day for the rest of my life. I'm born and raised in the greater Los Angeles area so, yes, I am a Lakers, Dodgers and Kings fan. I've been in and around a kitchen almost as long as I can remember. My mom, grandma and aunt have taught me to cook and to experiment with food, even if that means ending up with something rather odd and weird. In my opinion, there are few things more comforting than a warm cup of tea, a rainy day, a book and a place to curl up, yet I love the hustle and bustle of a busy city.

All in all, I guess you could say that I'm a big conundrum. I like bunches of things, don't really fit in a societal "label" and want to experience everything I possibly I can.

Funny random facts about me:
- I HATE bananas, absolutely everything about them. I'm not quite sure either, I used to eat them when I was little.
- I once told a girl after an open mic night that her voice sounded "delicious" because it "sounds the way hot chocolate tastes." I'm pretty sure she thought I was crazy.
- My friends have told me I can be a bit of an "old man" because I love cardigans, loafers and whiskey.
- I was a Resident Assistant in college and am still good friends with quite a few of my residents.
- In 4th grade, I was taller than my teacher who was 5'2", that same year, I kicked a kickball onto the roof of a classroom.
- Throwing shotput and discus in college was one of the best experiences I've ever had and miss it every spring.
- It's really hard to gross me out, although people of all ages seem to try. I guess that's what I get for working with the football team in high school.

I hope anyone who reads this enjoys it. Please let me know if there's anything you'd like to see. I'm planning on posting different recipes of things I've made, reviews of places I go and anything else food related. Hopefully my commentary is interesting enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment